Vevo promotes Labrinth with 'Lift' promotion
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 06 February 2012 09:03AM
Vevo, the online music video platform, is introducing its 'Lift' promotion for emerging artists to the UK, starting with Sony Music artist Labrinth.
An eight-week campaign will heavily promote Labrinth's video of his new single 'Last Time' on the platform, and will release behind-the-scenes interviews on the site each week.
Vevo is also running a competition to meet the artist.
This promotion is the first of six scheduled for this year. There is no advertiser on board for launch. However, Vevo is looking for brand partners for the next 'Lift'.
According to Vevo, the artist can expect 50 million impressions during a 'Lift' campaign.
Tinie Tempah and Jessie J have both been promoted via 'Lift' in the past, which Vevo claims helped them break into the US market.
According to Vevo, Jessie J was "virtually unknown" in the US with just six million video views, of which 60% came from the UK.
She also had a relatively small social following, with 85,000 fans on Facebook and Twitter.
After eight weeks, Jessie J's video views surged over the 100 million-view milestone and the number of Facebook fans and Twitter followers grew to 1.5 million, according to Vevo.
Vevo launched in the UK in April and is led by Jonathan Lewis, formerly Northern & Shell digital director and head of digital sales at Channel 5.
Last month, it announced it had struck a deal with MasterCard to stream video content from the Brit awards, exclusively on its platform.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Qualitative Associate Director PSD Group Circa £50K + package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Digital Designers Source £250 - £425 per day, London
- Marketing Communications Executive Stopgap £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Paid Search (PPC) Account Manager - London - up to £29K basic Adam Recruitment £25000 - £29000 per annum, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign