Volkswagen and Honda reign supreme at Super Bowl 2012
Automotive ads reigned triumphantly once again at this year's Super Bowl, with Honda and Volkswagen among the most popular.
Honda's homage to 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' features actor Matthew Broderick as himself, skipping work to drive his new CR-V.
The ad by RPA has racked up more than 12 million views on YouTube and 11,480 shares in the past 24 hours, according to data from Unruly Media.
The ad also came top of last week's Campaign's viral chart due to its pre-release.
Volkswagen's much hyped ad, "the dog strikes back" by Deutsch, didn't prove as popular as its "mini Darth Vader" predecessor but did still manage to attract up nearly five million views on YouTube and has been shared over 30,979 times in the past 24 hours.
However, the ad, which featured a dog on a mission to lose weight to be able to run with the Volkswagen Beetle, wasn't as popular as its teaser campaign for the Super Bowl, "the bark side".
The ad featured dogs barking along to the 'Star Wars' theme tune and was a winner for the car marquee, racking up more than 23 million views on YouTube and 15,944 shares in the past 24 hours.
A comical vampire themed ad for Audi, created by Venables, Bell & Partners, was also among the most popular ads of the day, as was M&M's "just my shell" by BBDO, which has been shared more than 47,000 times during the past 24 hours.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- VW drives fans to Facebook game for 3rd gen Beetle push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Angry Birds burst in but Kony keeps spreading
- Campaign Viral Chart: Film plea for warlord's arrest goes stratospheric
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sex, sex and sex in top three positions
- Campaign Viral Chart: M&Ms Super Bowl climbs to top spot
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google's Valentine's doodle video is most shared
- Campaign Viral Chart: Chevy Super Bowl music video rises to top
- Record number of Americans tune in to Super Bowl
- Chrysler re-launches with £10m Super Bowl campaign
- Volkswagen 'the dog strikes back' by Deutsch LA
- Campaign Viral Chart: Honda's Ferris ad is top of the class
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Social Media Manager-International Media Agency Norton Leigh up to 40k plus benefits, Central London
- Web Designer:- (Fashion Web, Digital, Layout, Conceptual) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Web & Print Designer (Integrated, Visual, Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + Negotiable, Waltham Abbey