England rugby clash with Scotland peaks at 8.3 million
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 06 February 2012 10:18AM
England's opening Six Nations victory against Scotland was watched by a peak audience of 8.3 million viewers on BBC One, making it Saturday's highest-rating TV programme.
BBC One’s coverage of the match, starting at 4.30pm and finishing at 7pm, attracted an average audience of 6.5 million viewers.
The away victory for England drew 30.3% of the available audience, outdoing the likes of ‘Come Dine With Me’ on Channel 4 and ‘New You’ve Been Framed’ on ITV1.
The day’s other rugby match between France and Italy managed an average of 2.9 million viewers earlier in the afternoon on the same channel.
Later in the evening, ITV1’s ‘Take Me Out’ pulled in an average 5.1 million viewers, including ITV1 HD and ITV1 + 1 ratings.
BBC One’s late night football highlights programme ‘Match of the Day’ was watched by 4.6 million viewers.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey