LateRooms.com livens up hotel offering with romance
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 February 2012 08:53AM
LateRooms.com, the online hotel brand, is launching a campaign that introduces two characters, Lucy and Ben, and the strapline, "For your every need".
The new campaign, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB), launches on 11 February across TV, print and online channels. Media buying is handled by MediaCom.
The ad introduces two new characters to the brand's advertising, Lucy and Ben, who act out the "romantic" and "light-hearted" story of their relationship and the role that hotels play within it.
The ad shows the couple meeting in a range of hotels through a sequence of events, from a budget hotel for a business trip, to a romantic stay in a luxury boutique hotel.
The ad was produced by Hotspur & Argyle and directed by David Kerr, who worked with creative director Simon Bere, copywriter Lorelei Mathias, art director Nathalie Turton and planner Jamie Inman.
Jessica Reading, director of marketing and user experience, LateRooms.com said: "We understand that our customers have different accommodation needs influenced by the reason they travel and who they travel with.
"The story of Ben and Lucy brings to life the needs, desires and decisions experienced when booking a hotel, and personifies an exciting new direction for our advertising campaign.
"We feel that the content successfully represents our dedication to not only offer great value for money, but to also empower and inspire consumers when they are looking for somewhere to stay."
The last work BMB created for the brand was in March last year, showing a series of thought bubbles containing the different types of accommodation on offer to consumers.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sales and Marketing Manager England Hockey £34k - £40k, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Sales Manager - Cutting Edge Tech Solution Ultimate Asset Ã‚£48000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, City of London
- Content Sales Account Manager - Native Advertising Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£42000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Executive-Video/Social/Branded Content Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake