LateRooms.com livens up hotel offering with romance
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 February 2012 08:53AM
LateRooms.com, the online hotel brand, is launching a campaign that introduces two characters, Lucy and Ben, and the strapline, "For your every need".
The new campaign, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB), launches on 11 February across TV, print and online channels. Media buying is handled by MediaCom.
The ad introduces two new characters to the brand's advertising, Lucy and Ben, who act out the "romantic" and "light-hearted" story of their relationship and the role that hotels play within it.
The ad shows the couple meeting in a range of hotels through a sequence of events, from a budget hotel for a business trip, to a romantic stay in a luxury boutique hotel.
The ad was produced by Hotspur & Argyle and directed by David Kerr, who worked with creative director Simon Bere, copywriter Lorelei Mathias, art director Nathalie Turton and planner Jamie Inman.
Jessica Reading, director of marketing and user experience, LateRooms.com said: "We understand that our customers have different accommodation needs influenced by the reason they travel and who they travel with.
"The story of Ben and Lucy brings to life the needs, desires and decisions experienced when booking a hotel, and personifies an exciting new direction for our advertising campaign.
"We feel that the content successfully represents our dedication to not only offer great value for money, but to also empower and inspire consumers when they are looking for somewhere to stay."
The last work BMB created for the brand was in March last year, showing a series of thought bubbles containing the different types of accommodation on offer to consumers.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Media Director - Top Bristol Agency ADLIB £On experience + Commission, Bristol
- Digital Project Manager - London Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30000 - £32000 per annum, Manchester
- Classified Sales Executive - top household magazine! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £22000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy