Vimto shifts marketing spend with increased digital investment
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 February 2012 08:30AM
Vimto is shifting its marketing spend from TV to digital, as the brand looks to capitalise on its growing online fan base.
The Nichols-owned soft-drinks brand is plotting a major digital push this year, targeting teenagers with its ready-to-drink products and mothers with its range of cordials.
It has appointed agency Lean Mean Fighting Machine to handle the digital strategy and creative.
Vimto plans to capitalise on its base of 240,000 Facebook followers. It also intends to grow its online presence beyond the social network.
According to Nielsen data, 81% of Vimto’s media spend in 2011 was on TV, 18% on radio and 1% on outdoor media.
Last June, the brand rolled out its £6.5m ‘Low rider’ push, featuring ‘seriously mixed-up’ fruit characters from its previous ads. They will also feature in the forthcoming digital activity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Senior Planner (DM Agency) Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch