Vimto shifts marketing spend with increased digital investment
Vimto is shifting its marketing spend from TV to digital, as the brand looks to capitalise on its growing online fan base.
The Nichols-owned soft-drinks brand is plotting a major digital push this year, targeting teenagers with its ready-to-drink products and mothers with its range of cordials.
It has appointed agency Lean Mean Fighting Machine to handle the digital strategy and creative.
Vimto plans to capitalise on its base of 240,000 Facebook followers. It also intends to grow its online presence beyond the social network.
According to Nielsen data, 81% of Vimto’s media spend in 2011 was on TV, 18% on radio and 1% on outdoor media.
Last June, the brand rolled out its £6.5m ‘Low rider’ push, featuring ‘seriously mixed-up’ fruit characters from its previous ads. They will also feature in the forthcoming digital activity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire