Vimto shifts marketing spend with increased digital investment
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 February 2012 08:30AM
Vimto is shifting its marketing spend from TV to digital, as the brand looks to capitalise on its growing online fan base.
The Nichols-owned soft-drinks brand is plotting a major digital push this year, targeting teenagers with its ready-to-drink products and mothers with its range of cordials.
It has appointed agency Lean Mean Fighting Machine to handle the digital strategy and creative.
Vimto plans to capitalise on its base of 240,000 Facebook followers. It also intends to grow its online presence beyond the social network.
According to Nielsen data, 81% of Vimto’s media spend in 2011 was on TV, 18% on radio and 1% on outdoor media.
Last June, the brand rolled out its £6.5m ‘Low rider’ push, featuring ‘seriously mixed-up’ fruit characters from its previous ads. They will also feature in the forthcoming digital activity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline