Microsoft hires Mandeep Mason to head up EMEA mobile ad sales
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 February 2012 11:07AM
Microsoft has appointed Mandeep Mason, sales director at Nokia-owned Navteq, as director of mobile advertising sales for EMEA, to "refine" the company's mobile strategy and expand its revenue streams.
Mason will be responsible for developing Microsoft's mobile advertising proposition across products including MSN Mobile, Windows Messenger and Windows Phone Network, as well as in-app ads and adverting on Skype mobile.
He replaces Paul Lyonette, who left Microsoft last August to join YuMe, the mobile video network, as European sales director.
He has already joined the company and reports into Laurent Delaporte, vice president of Microsoft Advertising, EMEA.
Mason has worked at Nokia for nearly five years, helping develop Nokia's advertising network.
He joined in 2007, as head of UK sales for Nokia Interactive Group, which then was moved into the Nokia-owned company Navteq, where he became deputy sales director in 2010.
Prior to Nokia he worked at Refresh Mobile and MindMatics UK.
There have also been recent changes to Microsoft's UK mobile sales team, with Nik Dewar promoted to head of mobile sales in December last year.
Last year the internet and technology giant underwent a global reorganisation of the business.
As part of the UK restructure, Andy Hart was appointed to head up the enlarged Advertising and Online division in July, while Ashley Highfield, former managing director of the now defunct consumer and online division departed shortly after to join Johnston Press.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Conceptual Copywriter - Ambitious, Strategic Agency ADLIB DOE, Bristol
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency