BA suitcase race highlights Olympic spirit
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 February 2012 12:18PM
There are plenty of jokes about airlines and baggage but British Airways is making the subject the focus of an Olympics-related TV ad, which features an international suitcase race.
The ad will be released on Thursday (9 February). It features a girl's British bag racing luggage from other nations to the arrivals hall.
BA staff including baggage handlers, customer service agents and cabin crew, are all featured in the spot, which ends with the line, "2012. We're ready. To fly. To serve".
It will make its TV debut during 'Coronation Street on ITV1, but will premiere online on BA's Facebook page at 11am, followed an hour later on its Google+ page.
BA is stepping up its awareness of its London 2012 tier-one sponsorship with the TV, print, outdoor and online campaign by BBH, four years after it struck the £50m deal, and with just under 170 days to go until the Games start.
In addition to focusing on the Games, the campaign feeds into BA's recently introduced 'To Fly. To Serve' positioning.
The print ads reveal that in 2012, BA cabin crew will serve three Olympic-size swimming pools' worth of tea, BA engineers will fit enough cable on board to lap an Olympic track 80 times, and the airline will welcome onboard enough customers to fill 400 London Olympic Stadiums.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Onsite Conversion Up to 12 month FTC (Maternity cover) Which? c. £45,000 - £55,000, Greater London
- Head of Corporate Communications London Borough of Hounslow £55572 - 67544 per year + Final Salary Pension, Hounslow Central
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency