Yahoo's chairman and three directors quit the board in overhaul
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 February 2012 09:39AM
Yahoo's chairman Roy Bostock and three other directors have announced they will step down as the digital media company continues its major internal overhaul.
In a letter to shareholders, Bostock, along with board members Vyomesh Joshi, Arthur Kern and Gary Wilson have announced they will not seek re-election to the board this year.
The digital media company has not announced a new chairman.
Bostock leaves amid a major shakeup to the company’s leadership. This month it appointed Scott Thompson, former president of PayPal as its new chief executive, after Carol Bartz was dismissed in September last year.
Shortly after Thomspon joined, Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo, resigned from the board.
Marketing recently revealed a major restructure to its European marketing department, as part of its move to shift its global marketing function to the regions.
The shakeup saw the departure of James Tipple, vice president of marketing EMEA, and Andrew Cocker, European marketing director departed.
Robert Bridge, former business-to-business marketing director for EMEA, has been promoted to the role of senior director and head of marketing for the region.
This month Yahoo reported a 4% slip in global revenues, hit by a decline in search and ad revenues.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer become £35k - 40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Insight Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs