Yahoo's chairman and three directors quit the board in overhaul
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 February 2012 09:39AM
Yahoo's chairman Roy Bostock and three other directors have announced they will step down as the digital media company continues its major internal overhaul.
In a letter to shareholders, Bostock, along with board members Vyomesh Joshi, Arthur Kern and Gary Wilson have announced they will not seek re-election to the board this year.
The digital media company has not announced a new chairman.
Bostock leaves amid a major shakeup to the company’s leadership. This month it appointed Scott Thompson, former president of PayPal as its new chief executive, after Carol Bartz was dismissed in September last year.
Shortly after Thomspon joined, Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo, resigned from the board.
Marketing recently revealed a major restructure to its European marketing department, as part of its move to shift its global marketing function to the regions.
The shakeup saw the departure of James Tipple, vice president of marketing EMEA, and Andrew Cocker, European marketing director departed.
Robert Bridge, former business-to-business marketing director for EMEA, has been promoted to the role of senior director and head of marketing for the region.
This month Yahoo reported a 4% slip in global revenues, hit by a decline in search and ad revenues.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Specialist - Surrey - up to £38K Salt £35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Manager - London - £55K Salt £55000 per annum + benefits, London
- Traffic Manager Story Recruitment up to £45K + good benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Shopper Strategy Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a. + Car or C/A, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline
- Ewan McGregor parodies ad industry in BT campaign
- Jeremy Tester to leave Sky Media