RB takes to Facebook to sell Cillit Bang extension
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is pushing its latest Cillit Bang brand extension through Facebook and is bringing back its advertising character Barry Scott to bolster its marketing offensive.
RB is launching the product, Cillit Bang All in 1 Dish & Surface cleaner, exclusively through a direct-to-consumer (DTC) platform, within Facebook, for its UK audience.
The move is expected to be the first of a number of ecommerce trials planned by RB, as it moves to tap into the growth in social media.
The launch of the Cillit Bang brand extension also sees the return of brand character Barry Scott, joined by his "twin brother" Harry Scott, across the brand’s marketing activity, "to offer help, advice, and some fun interaction" for consumers.
The Cillit Bang Facebook page and shop, http://www.facebook.com/CillitbangUK, allows consumers to buy the product direct from the Facebook page, without having to pay for postage and packaging, and is delivered within three days.
Stefan Gaa, marketing director, RB UK, said the launch was a "first" and that RB would be monitoring it "very closely".
He said: "F-commerce DTC model allows us to interact intimately with our target market, getting almost instant feedback, and means that we can tailor the Facebook page and our offers and competitions quickly and precisely."
The new product launch is being supported with digital activity across social media, using competitions and games to talk to its target audience.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer become £35k - 40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Insight Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs