RB takes to Facebook to sell Cillit Bang extension
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is pushing its latest Cillit Bang brand extension through Facebook and is bringing back its advertising character Barry Scott to bolster its marketing offensive.
RB is launching the product, Cillit Bang All in 1 Dish & Surface cleaner, exclusively through a direct-to-consumer (DTC) platform, within Facebook, for its UK audience.
The move is expected to be the first of a number of ecommerce trials planned by RB, as it moves to tap into the growth in social media.
The launch of the Cillit Bang brand extension also sees the return of brand character Barry Scott, joined by his "twin brother" Harry Scott, across the brand’s marketing activity, "to offer help, advice, and some fun interaction" for consumers.
The Cillit Bang Facebook page and shop, http://www.facebook.com/CillitbangUK, allows consumers to buy the product direct from the Facebook page, without having to pay for postage and packaging, and is delivered within three days.
Stefan Gaa, marketing director, RB UK, said the launch was a "first" and that RB would be monitoring it "very closely".
He said: "F-commerce DTC model allows us to interact intimately with our target market, getting almost instant feedback, and means that we can tailor the Facebook page and our offers and competitions quickly and precisely."
The new product launch is being supported with digital activity across social media, using competitions and games to talk to its target audience.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive, London, up to £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 per day, Slough
- Creative Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Guildford
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad