TBWA lands £100 million global Aquafresh account
GlaxoSmithKline has appointed TBWA Worldwide to handle its estimated £100 million Aquafresh global advertising account.
The move ends Grey’s 14-year tenure on the business and follows a pitch process.
Aquafresh’s global advertising, including a UK spend of £10 million, will now be led out of TBWA\London.
The appointment will strengthen the agency’s existing relationship with GSK, which involves advertising for brands including Alli and NiQuitin.
Grey will continue to work on GSK’s healthcare range and oral hygiene brands including Sensodyne. It also handles advertising for the Lucozade energy drink.
Grey’s recent work for Aquafresh included a repositioning of the toothpaste brand after launching a campaign for its fruit-flavoured variant, which features the strapline: "Experience a new zone."
Last year, Aquafresh moved into broader content creation with the launch of a ten-minute film by the creative agency Kids Industries as part of a 12-month sponsorship deal with Cineworld Cinemas to promote its children’s toothpaste.
A GSK spokeswoman said: "TBWA was chosen as it demonstrated tremendous insight and creativity, which we believe will be invaluable as we look to reinvent consumers’ perceptions of Aquafresh."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show