TBWA lands £100 million global Aquafresh account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 February 2012 08:00AM
GlaxoSmithKline has appointed TBWA Worldwide to handle its estimated £100 million Aquafresh global advertising account.
The move ends Grey’s 14-year tenure on the business and follows a pitch process.
Aquafresh’s global advertising, including a UK spend of £10 million, will now be led out of TBWA\London.
The appointment will strengthen the agency’s existing relationship with GSK, which involves advertising for brands including Alli and NiQuitin.
Grey will continue to work on GSK’s healthcare range and oral hygiene brands including Sensodyne. It also handles advertising for the Lucozade energy drink.
Grey’s recent work for Aquafresh included a repositioning of the toothpaste brand after launching a campaign for its fruit-flavoured variant, which features the strapline: "Experience a new zone."
Last year, Aquafresh moved into broader content creation with the launch of a ten-minute film by the creative agency Kids Industries as part of a 12-month sponsorship deal with Cineworld Cinemas to promote its children’s toothpaste.
A GSK spokeswoman said: "TBWA was chosen as it demonstrated tremendous insight and creativity, which we believe will be invaluable as we look to reinvent consumers’ perceptions of Aquafresh."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Mid-Senior Art Director Major Players £35000 - £55000 per annum, London
- MW DESIGNER Red Sofa London £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?