Brown-Forman seeks shop for global vodka ad briefs
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 February 2012 10:40AM
Brown-Forman is on the hunt for an agency to handle the global advertising business for its Maximus and Finlandia vodka brands.
The US-based company has held meetings with agencies, including UK shops, interested in pitching for the business.
Brown-Forman is expected to task the winning agency with initial work on the global strategy and creative for Maximus Vodka, the Polish brand that was acquired in June last year.
There is also an opportunity to work on Finlandia Vodka, which was acquired by Brown-Forman in 2004.
In the past, Brown-Forman has worked with Iris on Finlandia. The agency created a summer campaign for the brand in 2008 that aimed to communicate its "natural purity". The UK activity spanned outdoor, online, print, experiential and PR, and included a takeover of Euston station in London, with Finlandia wraps on the corridors and escalators.
Brown-Forman's other alcohol brands include Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Canadian Mist and Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Brown-Forman plans to push Maximus in markets outside of Poland after acquiring the brand from the Finland-based Altia for an undisclosed sum.
Previous Maximus ad campaigns include a 2008 spot with the strapline: "Maximus: see where it takes you."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM and Segmentation Manager JV Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car + Excellent Benefits + Bonus, West Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Account Director - B2B Technology Marketing Agency - Home Counties - £45k - £55k - NP108 Stonor £45k - £55k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / Surrey
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission - No Thresholds, Greater Manchester
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday