Brown-Forman seeks shop for global vodka ad briefs
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 February 2012 10:40AM
Brown-Forman is on the hunt for an agency to handle the global advertising business for its Maximus and Finlandia vodka brands.
The US-based company has held meetings with agencies, including UK shops, interested in pitching for the business.
Brown-Forman is expected to task the winning agency with initial work on the global strategy and creative for Maximus Vodka, the Polish brand that was acquired in June last year.
There is also an opportunity to work on Finlandia Vodka, which was acquired by Brown-Forman in 2004.
In the past, Brown-Forman has worked with Iris on Finlandia. The agency created a summer campaign for the brand in 2008 that aimed to communicate its "natural purity". The UK activity spanned outdoor, online, print, experiential and PR, and included a takeover of Euston station in London, with Finlandia wraps on the corridors and escalators.
Brown-Forman's other alcohol brands include Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Canadian Mist and Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Brown-Forman plans to push Maximus in markets outside of Poland after acquiring the brand from the Finland-based Altia for an undisclosed sum.
Previous Maximus ad campaigns include a 2008 spot with the strapline: "Maximus: see where it takes you."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad