Brown-Forman seeks shop for global vodka ad briefs
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 February 2012 10:40AM
Brown-Forman is on the hunt for an agency to handle the global advertising business for its Maximus and Finlandia vodka brands.
The US-based company has held meetings with agencies, including UK shops, interested in pitching for the business.
Brown-Forman is expected to task the winning agency with initial work on the global strategy and creative for Maximus Vodka, the Polish brand that was acquired in June last year.
There is also an opportunity to work on Finlandia Vodka, which was acquired by Brown-Forman in 2004.
In the past, Brown-Forman has worked with Iris on Finlandia. The agency created a summer campaign for the brand in 2008 that aimed to communicate its "natural purity". The UK activity spanned outdoor, online, print, experiential and PR, and included a takeover of Euston station in London, with Finlandia wraps on the corridors and escalators.
Brown-Forman's other alcohol brands include Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Canadian Mist and Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Brown-Forman plans to push Maximus in markets outside of Poland after acquiring the brand from the Finland-based Altia for an undisclosed sum.
Previous Maximus ad campaigns include a 2008 spot with the strapline: "Maximus: see where it takes you."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Insight Analyst Premier Consultants £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager / European Brand Leader - 12 month contract Seven Search and Selection £65k plus £7,500 car allowance, 20% bonus plus package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch