Brown-Forman seeks shop for global vodka ad briefs
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 February 2012 10:40AM
Brown-Forman is on the hunt for an agency to handle the global advertising business for its Maximus and Finlandia vodka brands.
The US-based company has held meetings with agencies, including UK shops, interested in pitching for the business.
Brown-Forman is expected to task the winning agency with initial work on the global strategy and creative for Maximus Vodka, the Polish brand that was acquired in June last year.
There is also an opportunity to work on Finlandia Vodka, which was acquired by Brown-Forman in 2004.
In the past, Brown-Forman has worked with Iris on Finlandia. The agency created a summer campaign for the brand in 2008 that aimed to communicate its "natural purity". The UK activity spanned outdoor, online, print, experiential and PR, and included a takeover of Euston station in London, with Finlandia wraps on the corridors and escalators.
Brown-Forman's other alcohol brands include Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Canadian Mist and Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Brown-Forman plans to push Maximus in markets outside of Poland after acquiring the brand from the Finland-based Altia for an undisclosed sum.
Previous Maximus ad campaigns include a 2008 spot with the strapline: "Maximus: see where it takes you."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- HEAD OF DIGITAL - AGENCY - LONDON - £80-85K Salt £80000 - £85000 per annum + BENEFITS, City of London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Customer Propositions Manager PSD Group Up to £65,000 + Bonus and Benefits, West Midlands
- Account Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- MARKETING / CRM EXEC Totum Partners Competitive Salary , City of London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links