RBS Insurance division to rebrand as Direct Line Group
RBS Insurance Group, the insurance division which owns the Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag brands, is set to rebrand as Direct Line Insurance Group.
The rebrand comes ahead of a divestment of the division by parent RBS, which has to sell the assets by the end of 2014 under the terms of its bail-out by the UK government in 2008.
According to a report in the Insurance Times, it has changed its name from RBS Insurance Group to Direct Line Insurance Group at Companies House. It has also trademarked the name, alongside a new multi-coloured corporate logo.
The insurer is gearing up for life outside RBS, and recently hired former British Gas commercial director Rick Vlemmiks to the role of chief marketing officer, UK and international.
It also promoted Direct Line marketer Kerry Chilvers to the position of director of brand, customer and proposition across its brand portfolio.
The company was unable to provide a comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Simplified Recruitment Upto £35,000 DOE + Benefits, Watford, Hertfordshire
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch