RBS Insurance division to rebrand as Direct Line Group
RBS Insurance Group, the insurance division which owns the Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag brands, is set to rebrand as Direct Line Insurance Group.
The rebrand comes ahead of a divestment of the division by parent RBS, which has to sell the assets by the end of 2014 under the terms of its bail-out by the UK government in 2008.
According to a report in the Insurance Times, it has changed its name from RBS Insurance Group to Direct Line Insurance Group at Companies House. It has also trademarked the name, alongside a new multi-coloured corporate logo.
The insurer is gearing up for life outside RBS, and recently hired former British Gas commercial director Rick Vlemmiks to the role of chief marketing officer, UK and international.
It also promoted Direct Line marketer Kerry Chilvers to the position of director of brand, customer and proposition across its brand portfolio.
The company was unable to provide a comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Senior Digital Strategist - West London Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k + good benefits, West London
- Head of Business Development - Group Head Sports Ultimate Asset £50000 - £70000 per annum + Which includes Bonus, London