Clarks launches AR campaign for Spring collection
Footwear brand Clarks is launching its first ever augmented reality campaign at the end of the month to promote its women's Spring/Summer collection.
The campaign includes four videos for the brand’s ‘hero styles’, which include ‘Bodkin Bay’, ‘Henderson Sky’, ‘Dollar Craze’ and ‘Scent Bottle’.
Clarks is using Aurasma's technology to make the content more easily discoverable via its press ads.
As long as a smartphone or tablet user has the Aurasma Lite app, they can 'film' the ad with their device's camera to trigger the video content.
Users will be able to click through from the videos to the Clarks website in order to continue browsing.
The Aurasma app is available on iPhones, iPads and high-powered Android smartphones.
Clarks claims to be the first UK footwear brand to experiment with the Aurasma technology, which is gaining traction in other sectors with brands including Marks & Spencer adopting the technology.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Head of Digital MCG Associates Very Attractive Tax Free Package, Dubai - UAE
- Marketing Manager - Youth Brand Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG - URGENT NEED Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool