Clarks launches AR campaign for Spring collection
Footwear brand Clarks is launching its first ever augmented reality campaign at the end of the month to promote its women's Spring/Summer collection.
The campaign includes four videos for the brand’s ‘hero styles’, which include ‘Bodkin Bay’, ‘Henderson Sky’, ‘Dollar Craze’ and ‘Scent Bottle’.
Clarks is using Aurasma's technology to make the content more easily discoverable via its press ads.
As long as a smartphone or tablet user has the Aurasma Lite app, they can 'film' the ad with their device's camera to trigger the video content.
Users will be able to click through from the videos to the Clarks website in order to continue browsing.
The Aurasma app is available on iPhones, iPads and high-powered Android smartphones.
Clarks claims to be the first UK footwear brand to experiment with the Aurasma technology, which is gaining traction in other sectors with brands including Marks & Spencer adopting the technology.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'