Clarks launches AR campaign for Spring collection
Footwear brand Clarks is launching its first ever augmented reality campaign at the end of the month to promote its women's Spring/Summer collection.
The campaign includes four videos for the brand’s ‘hero styles’, which include ‘Bodkin Bay’, ‘Henderson Sky’, ‘Dollar Craze’ and ‘Scent Bottle’.
Clarks is using Aurasma's technology to make the content more easily discoverable via its press ads.
As long as a smartphone or tablet user has the Aurasma Lite app, they can 'film' the ad with their device's camera to trigger the video content.
Users will be able to click through from the videos to the Clarks website in order to continue browsing.
The Aurasma app is available on iPhones, iPads and high-powered Android smartphones.
Clarks claims to be the first UK footwear brand to experiment with the Aurasma technology, which is gaining traction in other sectors with brands including Marks & Spencer adopting the technology.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control