Betfair to knock rivals for the first time in campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 10 February 2012 01:19PM
Betfair is to name rival bookies for the first time as part of its new Europe-wide marketing campaign.
The value-led campaign, created in-house, makes use of Betfair's new strapline, 'Don’t Settle for Less', which is being rolled out across TV, print and online.
The campaign marks the first time that Betfair has made direct price comparisons against its competitors, which include William Hill, Ladbrokes, Bet 365 and Paddy Power.
Peter Marcus, Betfair's UK managing director, said: "This is a simple campaign delivering the clear fact to both existing and potential customers, that Betfair offers far better value than the other bookmakers."
In August last year, Betfair radically overhauled its sport sponsorship activities by introducing four brand ambassadors.
The brand signed up former England cricketer Michael Vaughan, retired rugby star Will Greenwood, ex-footballer and now pundit, Lee Dixon, and racehorse trainer Paul Nicholls.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £25000 - £32000 per annum + + Excellent Bens & Growth opps, Rugby
- Online Sales EMEA Ultimate Asset £25000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Market Analyst Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience , Great Yarmouth
- Digital Sales Account Manager - Media Owner - Automotive Silverdrum £40,000 + bonus (uncapped), London (Central), London (Greater)