Dancing on Ice slides to lowest ever audience
'Dancing on Ice', ITV1's celebrity ice skating competition, had the smallest audience in its seven year history last night.
According to unofficial overnight figures the show’s two instalments had 7.0 million and 5.9 million viewers respectively, smaller than three weeks ago (22 January) when the shows had their previous lows.
The first episode of ‘Dancing on Ice’ had an average audience of 6.98 million viewers, a 26.1% share of the audience, between 6.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. An additional 245,500 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
Fitness expert Rosemary Conley’s departure on ‘Dancing on Ice: The Skate-Off’ was watched by an audience of 5.95 million viewers, a 23% share, between 9.30pm and 10pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. An additional 225,700 tuned in on ITV +1.
Despite reporting its smallest ever audience ‘Dancing on Ice’ was the most watched show while it was on TV, apart from the half hour between 6.30pm and 7pm, and peaked with an impressive 8.3 million viewers, a 31% share.
The British Academy Film Awards, presented by Stephen Fry, had an average audience of 5.32 million viewers, a 22.4% share, between 9pm and 11pm on BBC One and BBC One HD.
The BBC One 1950s drama ‘Call the Midwife’, starring Miranda Hart and Vanessa Redgrave, was the most watched show of the day with an audience of 8.50 million viewers, a 28.2% share.
Elsewhere, Channel 4’s comedy documentary ‘The Hotel’ had an average audience of 1.18 million viewers between 8pm and 9pm on Channel 4 and Channel 4 HD. An additional 254,200 watched the show on Channel 4 +1.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Business Development Manager - £45-50k - (£80-100k OTE) Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + (£80-100k OTE) + benefits , Bristol
- Business Development Manager £45-50k basic (£80-100k OTE) Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + (£80-100k OTE) + benefits , Leeds
- Senior Planner - 4 Days Part Time Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Car Account] - Advertising Agency Fill Recruitment c£55k+, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)