Drinks body launches campaign for responsible alcohol marketing
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 13 February 2012 01:20PM
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD), whose members includes Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard, has launched a digital campaign that targets marketers and agencies, to promote responsible marketing practices for alcoholic drinks.
In September last year, EFRD and the Distilled Spirits Council of the US, devised a set of self-regulatory guidelines for advertising alcohol on social media sites.
EFRD has now launched an online training tool on its Market Responsibly website, which aims to offer marketers and agencies who work with drinks makers, advice on how to implement the guidelines.
The guidelines include restricting Facebook users aged under 18 from accessing official alcohol brand pages, and committing to remove inappropriate user-generated content from brand pages on Facebook within 48 hours.
The tool supports a training roadshow that EDFR is currently running for the advertising community about how to market alcohol responsibly.
Last year, both Diageo and Heineken struck major advertising deals with Facebook to collaborate on digital campaigns.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Media Recruitment Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer createselect £40-50K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Planner, Top London Integrated Agency Direct Recruitment up tp £70,000, London (Greater)