MG OMD on alert as Mitsubishi UK reviews media business
Mitsubishi UK has called a pitch for its media planning and buying account, currently held by Omnicom agency Manning Gottlieb OMD.
MG OMD has held the account since 2001, when it was valued at £6m, following Mitsubishi UK's split from full-service agency Roose & Partners.
Agencies interested in the account have been asked to provide a one-pager saying why they are the agency for the car marque by 2 March.
A spokeswoman for Mitsubishi UK said MG OMD would repitch. A spokeswoman for MG OMD had not returned requests for comment by the time of publication.
Mitsubishi has lost ground in recent years to other car manufacturers and has struggled to emulate the 1990s success of the Space Wagon and Space Runner models.
According The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, Mitsubishi had a market share of just 0.51% in 2011, down a fifth compared to 2011 and lagging other Japanese brands such as Honda (2.61%) and Toyota (3.79%).
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff