MG OMD on alert as Mitsubishi UK reviews media business
Mitsubishi UK has called a pitch for its media planning and buying account, currently held by Omnicom agency Manning Gottlieb OMD.
MG OMD has held the account since 2001, when it was valued at £6m, following Mitsubishi UK's split from full-service agency Roose & Partners.
Agencies interested in the account have been asked to provide a one-pager saying why they are the agency for the car marque by 2 March.
A spokeswoman for Mitsubishi UK said MG OMD would repitch. A spokeswoman for MG OMD had not returned requests for comment by the time of publication.
Mitsubishi has lost ground in recent years to other car manufacturers and has struggled to emulate the 1990s success of the Space Wagon and Space Runner models.
According The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, Mitsubishi had a market share of just 0.51% in 2011, down a fifth compared to 2011 and lagging other Japanese brands such as Honda (2.61%) and Toyota (3.79%).
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign