MG OMD on alert as Mitsubishi UK reviews media business
Mitsubishi UK has called a pitch for its media planning and buying account, currently held by Omnicom agency Manning Gottlieb OMD.
MG OMD has held the account since 2001, when it was valued at £6m, following Mitsubishi UK's split from full-service agency Roose & Partners.
Agencies interested in the account have been asked to provide a one-pager saying why they are the agency for the car marque by 2 March.
A spokeswoman for Mitsubishi UK said MG OMD would repitch. A spokeswoman for MG OMD had not returned requests for comment by the time of publication.
Mitsubishi has lost ground in recent years to other car manufacturers and has struggled to emulate the 1990s success of the Space Wagon and Space Runner models.
According The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, Mitsubishi had a market share of just 0.51% in 2011, down a fifth compared to 2011 and lagging other Japanese brands such as Honda (2.61%) and Toyota (3.79%).
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Monetisation Manager Lipton Fleming £80000 - £100000 per annum + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Resource Co-ordinator £23-24K Gabriele Skelton £23000 - £24000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad