KFC rolls out 'his and hers' ads for BBQ Rancher burger
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 08:30AM
KFC is to roll out its first 'his and hers' TV ads, to support the release of the BBQ Rancher, its 'healthy' non-fried burger.
The burger, which is being launched this week in the UK, joins other non-fried products on the fast-food chain’s menu. These include the KFC Brazer, a griddled chicken burger and tortilla-style wrap, which was launched in April last year.
The 400-calorie BBQ Rancher comprises a marinated chicken breast fillet with barbecue sauce sandwiched between a ‘deli roll’.
KFC claimed the sauce is derived from founder Harland ‘Colonel’ Sanders’ unpublished ‘food autobiography’ found at a storage facility in the US last year.
TV and outdoor ads by Bartle Bogle Hegarty break this week, with the ad for men adopting a ‘fun-loving’ theme, while the ‘female’ ad plays on etiquette.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Digital Designer/Developer Major Players £200 - £400 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief