KFC rolls out 'his and hers' ads for BBQ Rancher burger
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 08:30AM
KFC is to roll out its first 'his and hers' TV ads, to support the release of the BBQ Rancher, its 'healthy' non-fried burger.
The burger, which is being launched this week in the UK, joins other non-fried products on the fast-food chain’s menu. These include the KFC Brazer, a griddled chicken burger and tortilla-style wrap, which was launched in April last year.
The 400-calorie BBQ Rancher comprises a marinated chicken breast fillet with barbecue sauce sandwiched between a ‘deli roll’.
KFC claimed the sauce is derived from founder Harland ‘Colonel’ Sanders’ unpublished ‘food autobiography’ found at a storage facility in the US last year.
TV and outdoor ads by Bartle Bogle Hegarty break this week, with the ad for men adopting a ‘fun-loving’ theme, while the ‘female’ ad plays on etiquette.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad