KFC rolls out 'his and hers' ads for BBQ Rancher burger
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 08:30AM
KFC is to roll out its first 'his and hers' TV ads, to support the release of the BBQ Rancher, its 'healthy' non-fried burger.
The burger, which is being launched this week in the UK, joins other non-fried products on the fast-food chain’s menu. These include the KFC Brazer, a griddled chicken burger and tortilla-style wrap, which was launched in April last year.
The 400-calorie BBQ Rancher comprises a marinated chicken breast fillet with barbecue sauce sandwiched between a ‘deli roll’.
KFC claimed the sauce is derived from founder Harland ‘Colonel’ Sanders’ unpublished ‘food autobiography’ found at a storage facility in the US last year.
TV and outdoor ads by Bartle Bogle Hegarty break this week, with the ad for men adopting a ‘fun-loving’ theme, while the ‘female’ ad plays on etiquette.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Planner Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Integrated Project Manager - Creative Agency £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Executive Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Midweight UX Designer - Comparison Site Source £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'