KFC rolls out 'his and hers' ads for BBQ Rancher burger
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 08:30AM
KFC is to roll out its first 'his and hers' TV ads, to support the release of the BBQ Rancher, its 'healthy' non-fried burger.
The burger, which is being launched this week in the UK, joins other non-fried products on the fast-food chain’s menu. These include the KFC Brazer, a griddled chicken burger and tortilla-style wrap, which was launched in April last year.
The 400-calorie BBQ Rancher comprises a marinated chicken breast fillet with barbecue sauce sandwiched between a ‘deli roll’.
KFC claimed the sauce is derived from founder Harland ‘Colonel’ Sanders’ unpublished ‘food autobiography’ found at a storage facility in the US last year.
TV and outdoor ads by Bartle Bogle Hegarty break this week, with the ad for men adopting a ‘fun-loving’ theme, while the ‘female’ ad plays on etiquette.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers