KFC rolls out 'his and hers' ads for BBQ Rancher burger
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 08:30AM
KFC is to roll out its first 'his and hers' TV ads, to support the release of the BBQ Rancher, its 'healthy' non-fried burger.
The burger, which is being launched this week in the UK, joins other non-fried products on the fast-food chain’s menu. These include the KFC Brazer, a griddled chicken burger and tortilla-style wrap, which was launched in April last year.
The 400-calorie BBQ Rancher comprises a marinated chicken breast fillet with barbecue sauce sandwiched between a ‘deli roll’.
KFC claimed the sauce is derived from founder Harland ‘Colonel’ Sanders’ unpublished ‘food autobiography’ found at a storage facility in the US last year.
TV and outdoor ads by Bartle Bogle Hegarty break this week, with the ad for men adopting a ‘fun-loving’ theme, while the ‘female’ ad plays on etiquette.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show