Facebook marketing chief lauds 'real life' mobile possibilities
Facebook's mobile strategy is being underpinned by a drive to better integrate the social network into consumers' everyday lives.
Speaking at the Social Brands conference held in association with Marketing last week, Alexander Schlaubitz, director of customer marketing at Facebook, said that mobile is of ‘huge concern’ to the company.
‘[Mobile] will afford more of a natural augmentation with real life. The more we can have Facebook interact with that, the better,’ he added.
According to Schlaubitz, companies need to focus on making their brands an ‘organic part of the conversation and the curated content that consumers might look at’.
He added: ‘[Facebook] is holding brands so much more account--able for their actions, not their word. In the disruption model, [marketing] was all about being fun. Now, it is about being truthful and consistent.’
Mobile is set to be a core business focus for Facebook in the next 12 months. The social network, fresh from its IPO announcement, currently has 350m mobile users.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Executive Story Recruitment £20-23k depending on experience, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant / Senior Brand Strategist Story Recruitment £60-80k+ dependent on experience, Central London
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4