Warburtons launches £8.2m breakfast campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 09:10AM
Warburtons, the bakery brand, is launching an £8.2m marketing campaign created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R (RKCR/Y&R), to push the brand's breakfast credentials.
The campaign, which launches tomorrow (15 February), features a TV ad supported by digital, press, radio, PR and social media activity, alongside a media partnership with Magic and MSN, and in-store shopper marketing activity. Media buying is handled by Mindshare.
The campaign targets families and highlights the importance of breakfast and the role that Warburtons can play within it. The ad shows consumers eating a number of the brand's products for breakfast, while reading the paper and listening to the radio.
The consumers in the ad then break into a race to their local bakery to apply to be an official "Warburtons Taste Tester".
Mark Roalfe was the agency creative director on the ad, working with copywriter Martin Mcallister, art director Jamie Starbuck and planners Neasa Cunniffe and Saul Betmead. Jamie Rafn directed the ad, and the production company was Smuggler.
Mark Roalfe, chairman and executive creative director at RKCR/Y&R, said: "This work brings to life the special love people all around the nation have for Warburtons' products. We wanted to build on our previous campaign for Warburtons to show that not only is it the nation's favourite bread, but it's also the nation's best-tasting bread."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film