'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings' peaks at 6.5 million viewers
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 15 February 2012 11:26AM
A peak of 6.5 million viewers watched the return of 'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings' for a second series on Channel 4 last night, making it the broadcaster's highest-rating show so far this year.
The peak came across Channel 4 and Channel 4+1 in the final five minutes of the show, which aired between 9pm and 10pm last night.
With an average audience of 4.8m million and a 19.9% share of the available audience, not including Channel 4+1, it was the highest rating show in its time slot.
It was ahead of BBC One’s ‘Prisoners’ Wives’, which managed 4.2 million, and ITV’s ‘The Biggest Loser’, which managed 2.1 million.
The first series of ‘Big Fat Gypsy Weddings’ launched with a peak audience of 6.36 milion in January 2011.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Research Executive - Food & Drink Hasson Associates £26,000 - £38,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Market Intelligence Analyst Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000 , Kent
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch