'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings' peaks at 6.5 million viewers
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 15 February 2012 11:26AM
A peak of 6.5 million viewers watched the return of 'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings' for a second series on Channel 4 last night, making it the broadcaster's highest-rating show so far this year.
The peak came across Channel 4 and Channel 4+1 in the final five minutes of the show, which aired between 9pm and 10pm last night.
With an average audience of 4.8m million and a 19.9% share of the available audience, not including Channel 4+1, it was the highest rating show in its time slot.
It was ahead of BBC One’s ‘Prisoners’ Wives’, which managed 4.2 million, and ITV’s ‘The Biggest Loser’, which managed 2.1 million.
The first series of ‘Big Fat Gypsy Weddings’ launched with a peak audience of 6.36 milion in January 2011.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood