'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings' peaks at 6.5 million viewers
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 15 February 2012 11:26AM
A peak of 6.5 million viewers watched the return of 'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings' for a second series on Channel 4 last night, making it the broadcaster's highest-rating show so far this year.
The peak came across Channel 4 and Channel 4+1 in the final five minutes of the show, which aired between 9pm and 10pm last night.
With an average audience of 4.8m million and a 19.9% share of the available audience, not including Channel 4+1, it was the highest rating show in its time slot.
It was ahead of BBC One’s ‘Prisoners’ Wives’, which managed 4.2 million, and ITV’s ‘The Biggest Loser’, which managed 2.1 million.
The first series of ‘Big Fat Gypsy Weddings’ launched with a peak audience of 6.36 milion in January 2011.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Social and Content Director - Client-side! Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Planner - Shopper - Retail / FMCG - paying to £40k Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, including a 20% bonus opportunity, London (Greater)
- Freelance Designer Source £150 - £250 per day, London
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media