Bacardi calls global Grey Goose vodka pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 February 2012 08:00AM
Grey Goose, the Bacardi-owned vodka brand, is looking for an agency to create global advertising to push its premium positioning.
The brand is conducting the review out of the US and is currently meeting with competing ad agencies.
Grey Goose, which is distilled in France, has a premium positioning in Europe, but has traditionally gone for more mass appeal in the US, which is by far its biggest market.
The move follows the appointment of R/GA as Grey Goose’s global digital agency of record in June last year.
Grey Goose’s UK advertising has previously involved print work and advertorials featuring high-profile names, including the designers Hassan Abdullah and Roland Mouret, in glossy magazines such as GQ and Esquire. These were designed by Purple PR along with the media agency Universal McCann.
Last year, Grey Goose launched a TV spot in the US, titled "strengths", to stress the importance of responsible drinking. It followed a previous spot, "reunion", that aimed to communicate the value of people getting together.
Grey Goose, which is packaged in a sleek, frosted-glass bottle, attracted many imitators in the spirits market after it was launched by Sidney Frank in 1997.
The US self-made billionaire was inspired by French manufacturing’s inherent link with perceived high quality and sent a team to Europe to create the new brand.
Frank sold Grey Goose vodka to Bacardi in 2004 for $2.3 billion, the highest price ever paid for a single spirits brand. He died in 2006.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show