Kellogg's to sponsor breakfast on Boomerang
Kellogg's, the cereal manufacturer, has signed a year-long sponsorship deal for Mini Max cereal to sponsor breakfast on children's channel Boomerang.
The campaign starts today (17 February) and will feature Mini Max sponsorship idents around programming such as 'The Garfield Show', 'Scooby-Doo' and 'Tom and Jerry' between 7am and 8am each weekday.
The sponsorship, which was negotiated by Aegis Media's agency Carat and Turner Broadcasting's Turner Media Innovations, will be themed around preparing for the day ahead.
The ads for the Mini Max launch campaign were made by Leo Burnett and the sponsorship bumpers, made by in-house by Turner Media Innovations, continue the "back to school" theme of the original. The creative director was Richard Kinning.
In addition, there will be three, three-day full-channel sponsorships to drive children to a microsite on boomerangtv.co.uk, where they can enter an online competition to win prizes for their school.
The first full sponsorship starts today, the second begins on 16 April and the third will kick off in September, to coincide with children going back to school.
Andrew Mallandaine, sales director at Turner Media Innovations, said: "We have a rich history of promotional partnerships with Kellogg's and look forward to seeing the debut of the Mini Max sponsorship of breakfast on Boomerang.
'"Day-parted advertising, scheduled to correspond with children's activities during the day, are particularly effective, so it's great to have this year-long commitment from Kellogg's, which will help reinforce the brand’s impact at breakfast."
Mini Max launched in August and is able to advertise around children's TV programming because it complies with Ofcom's guidelines around high in fat, salt or sugar (HFSS) food products.
Earlier this week, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has rejected a complaint made by The Alliance for Better Food & Farming, which said a Facebook game for Kellogg's Krave cereal encouraged unhealthy eating habits in children.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner / Strategist - Blockbuster Campaigns! ADLIB competitive salary / day rate, Southampton
- Head of eCommerce - Fast Growing British Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary Package + Bonuses (Based on skills & experience), London (West), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker:(Retail, Print, Digital, InDesign,Photoshop) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, London