Mini opens first UK 'store' at Westfield Stratford
BMW-owned car brand Mini has opened its first UK pop-up store at the Westfield Stratford shopping centre near the Olympic Park, as part of plans to activate its sponsorship of the 2012 Games.
The store, which will remain open for 12 months, will promote its coupé and Countryman models, as well as a range of Mini-branded lifestyle merchandise. It also features what the manufacturer claims to be the UK’s first "3D car configurator".
Jochen Goller, Mini's UK director, said it was important for consumers to see the brand "removed from the established car showroom environment", and would consider rolling out further retail sites if this proves successful.
He added: "Since Mini launched just over 10 years ago, we have developed a massive community of fans and enthusiasts for whom Mini is much more than just a car brand. These fans love to accessorise their cars.
"Over the next year we will be listening to, and learning from, what visitors to the Westfield store have to say about what they expect from their car retail experience."
Last week, BMW also unveiled plans for a "floating" showroom at the Olympic Park. The 800sqm two-storey venue will be positioned on columns above the Waterworks River, situated between the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatics Centre.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014