Mini opens first UK 'store' at Westfield Stratford
BMW-owned car brand Mini has opened its first UK pop-up store at the Westfield Stratford shopping centre near the Olympic Park, as part of plans to activate its sponsorship of the 2012 Games.
The store, which will remain open for 12 months, will promote its coupé and Countryman models, as well as a range of Mini-branded lifestyle merchandise. It also features what the manufacturer claims to be the UK’s first "3D car configurator".
Jochen Goller, Mini's UK director, said it was important for consumers to see the brand "removed from the established car showroom environment", and would consider rolling out further retail sites if this proves successful.
He added: "Since Mini launched just over 10 years ago, we have developed a massive community of fans and enthusiasts for whom Mini is much more than just a car brand. These fans love to accessorise their cars.
"Over the next year we will be listening to, and learning from, what visitors to the Westfield store have to say about what they expect from their car retail experience."
Last week, BMW also unveiled plans for a "floating" showroom at the Olympic Park. The 800sqm two-storey venue will be positioned on columns above the Waterworks River, situated between the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatics Centre.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- The role of private equity in adland
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show