Guinness eyes Guinness World Record for St Patrick's Day
Guinness is aiming to engage hundreds of thousands of consumers around the world by attempting to set a new Guinness World Record (GWR) title for 'The Friendliest Day of the Year' on St Patrick's Day.
To take part in setting this world record, fans of St Patrick’s Day and Guinness-drinkers will be able to make an online pledge via Facebook or www.guinness.com or join a St Patrick’s Day party to celebrate true Irish friendliness.
In order to successfully set the world record, on this year’s St Patrick’s Day (17 March), GWR adjudicators will be stationed at Guinness events around the globe to count the number of people celebrating this famous day, whilst verifying online pledges to assess whether St Patrick’s Day has achieved the records ‘Most pledges received for a campaign’ and ‘The Largest St Patrick’s Day Celebration’.
If successful, GWR will officially confirm that St Patrick’s Day is ‘The Friendliest Day of the Year’.
The collaboration between Guinness and GWR marks the first time they have worked together since GWR was sold by Guinness owner Diageo in 2001.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Group Account Director - Maternity cover (9-12 months) Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- POS Ideation Designer STI Group Salary will be commensurate with age and experience, Gillinghham
- Product Marketing - Securities EMR £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Client Services Director Twist Recruitment £70000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%