DCM hires Joe Evea as business development director
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 20 February 2012 10:20AM
Cinema sales house DCM has bolstered its sales and marketing team with the appointment of Joe Evea to the newly created role of business development director.
Evea is currently head of creative and business development at Bauer Media, where he has worked for eight years.
The appointment marks the beginning of a new strategic direction for DCM, which is looking to offer advertisers more dynamic opportunities across multiple platforms.
Evea, who joins DCM on 12 March, will have responsibility for establishing multiplatform creative solutions, developing partnerships with digital and analogue media owners, and building relationships directly with clients.
He will report to managing director Simon Rees and will be working closely with DCM sales director Jeremy Playle, in addition to the sales, marketing and research teams.
Rees said: "Joe will be a real asset to DCM as we move into an exciting new era for cinema advertising. He brings with him a wealth of experience and a great understanding of how to forge strong strategic partnerships – it's a great coup for DCM."
Evea added that the wealth of opportunities created by cinema embracing the medium of digital technology, would "provide clients with new and interactive ways to reach their consumers."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency