GoCompare goes Looney in latest ad
GoCompare, the price comparison site, has launched a Looney Tunes-style TV ad featuring The Three Little Pigs, The Big Bad Wolf and Bambi.
The 30-second spot by animators Amazing Spectacles launched yesterday.
It stars the brand's opera-singing mascot, Gio Compario, played by Welsh tenor Wynne Evans, who rescues The Three Little Pigs from The Big Bad Wolf and high home insurance premiums
In the ad, The Three Little Pigs are about to have their house blown down by The Big Bad Wolf when Gio Compario bursts into the scene.
He helps the assembled animated animals dispose of the slavering wolf in typical cartoon style.
The creative concept was developed by GoCompare's in-house team, Siân and Chris Wilkins. The production company was Groundglass.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said: "This ad is definitely going to strike a chord with viewers who remember watching the antics of Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck when they were growing up.
"And hopefully our small tribute to classic animators including Chuck Jones and Tex Avery will entertain our younger fans too."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham