GoCompare goes Looney in latest ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 February 2012 10:42AM
GoCompare, the price comparison site, has launched a Looney Tunes-style TV ad featuring The Three Little Pigs, The Big Bad Wolf and Bambi.
The 30-second spot by animators Amazing Spectacles launched yesterday.
It stars the brand's opera-singing mascot, Gio Compario, played by Welsh tenor Wynne Evans, who rescues The Three Little Pigs from The Big Bad Wolf and high home insurance premiums
In the ad, The Three Little Pigs are about to have their house blown down by The Big Bad Wolf when Gio Compario bursts into the scene.
He helps the assembled animated animals dispose of the slavering wolf in typical cartoon style.
The creative concept was developed by GoCompare's in-house team, Siân and Chris Wilkins. The production company was Groundglass.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said: "This ad is definitely going to strike a chord with viewers who remember watching the antics of Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck when they were growing up.
"And hopefully our small tribute to classic animators including Chuck Jones and Tex Avery will entertain our younger fans too."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £60000 per annum + Bonus + Car Allowance + Profit Shares, Hertfordshire
- Medical/healthcare copywriter become £40k-£50k, London (Greater)
- Digital Media Manager Career Moves Group £40000 - £45000 per annum + dep on exp, London
- Service Delivery Manager Mortimer Spinks £45000 - £47000 per annum + Excellent Bonus & Benefits, London
- PR Account Director AF Selection £38000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list