GoCompare goes Looney in latest ad
GoCompare, the price comparison site, has launched a Looney Tunes-style TV ad featuring The Three Little Pigs, The Big Bad Wolf and Bambi.
The 30-second spot by animators Amazing Spectacles launched yesterday.
It stars the brand's opera-singing mascot, Gio Compario, played by Welsh tenor Wynne Evans, who rescues The Three Little Pigs from The Big Bad Wolf and high home insurance premiums
In the ad, The Three Little Pigs are about to have their house blown down by The Big Bad Wolf when Gio Compario bursts into the scene.
He helps the assembled animated animals dispose of the slavering wolf in typical cartoon style.
The creative concept was developed by GoCompare's in-house team, Siân and Chris Wilkins. The production company was Groundglass.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said: "This ad is definitely going to strike a chord with viewers who remember watching the antics of Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck when they were growing up.
"And hopefully our small tribute to classic animators including Chuck Jones and Tex Avery will entertain our younger fans too."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%