Initiative online head Schruers leaves for Essence
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 20 February 2012 02:31PM
Head of online at Initiative David Schruers is leaving the company to take up the position of head of media at digital agency Essence.
Schruers has been at the Interpublic-owned agency for almost seven years. It is understood that Anna Watkins, who joined the agency as managing director from Fullsix-owned shop Grand Union, will take on a number of his responsibilities.
Prior to Initiative, Schruers was digital account director at fellow Interpublic agency Universal McCann and before that was at digital agency Media 21.
During his time at Initiative, Schruers has worked for clients including Tesco, Hertz and Burger King. He leaves the agency tomorrow (21 February).
Alex Altman, chief executive of Initiative had previously described Watkins as "digital through and through" and that her hiring would help "influence the direction of the agency".
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers