Initiative online head Schruers leaves for Essence
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 20 February 2012 02:31PM
Head of online at Initiative David Schruers is leaving the company to take up the position of head of media at digital agency Essence.
Schruers has been at the Interpublic-owned agency for almost seven years. It is understood that Anna Watkins, who joined the agency as managing director from Fullsix-owned shop Grand Union, will take on a number of his responsibilities.
Prior to Initiative, Schruers was digital account director at fellow Interpublic agency Universal McCann and before that was at digital agency Media 21.
During his time at Initiative, Schruers has worked for clients including Tesco, Hertz and Burger King. He leaves the agency tomorrow (21 February).
Alex Altman, chief executive of Initiative had previously described Watkins as "digital through and through" and that her hiring would help "influence the direction of the agency".
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London