RBS brand director Smith departs in group marketing restructure
RBS is to implement a new group marketing structure across its retail banking business, including the NatWest and RBS brands.
Martin Wise, who previously held a senior product role within RBS, has been named UK retail marketing director. He replaces outgoing managing director for marketing and innovation Helen Page. A new set of senior marketers will report to Wise, with internal replacements being appointed.
As a result, it is understood that several marketers will leave the organisation. RBS and NatWest brand director Charlie Smith, who joined the bank in 2010, has already taken voluntary redundancy. RBS/NatWest head of marketing communications Richard Blyth is also to leave the business.
An RBS spokesman conmented: 'As part of our approach to become the UK's most Helpful Bank a review of our Marketing structure is ongoing. As result of that review, both Charlie Smith and Richard Blyth left RBS in February to pursue other opportunities.'The restructure has been overseen by RBS managing director, products and marketing, UK Retail, Les Matheson.
RBS will be keen to assert some stability in its marketing team, following the protracted departure of former lead marketer Page and director of customer strategy and marketing planning Richard Cole, who departed for bookmaker Ladbrokes in August.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Group Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum + car, West Midlands
- Head of Social Media - Leading Charity - London Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Account Manager - Kellogs Major Players £0.0000000 per annum, City of London