RBS brand director Smith departs in group marketing restructure
RBS is to implement a new group marketing structure across its retail banking business, including the NatWest and RBS brands.
Martin Wise, who previously held a senior product role within RBS, has been named UK retail marketing director. He replaces outgoing managing director for marketing and innovation Helen Page. A new set of senior marketers will report to Wise, with internal replacements being appointed.
As a result, it is understood that several marketers will leave the organisation. RBS and NatWest brand director Charlie Smith, who joined the bank in 2010, has already taken voluntary redundancy. RBS/NatWest head of marketing communications Richard Blyth is also to leave the business.
An RBS spokesman conmented: 'As part of our approach to become the UK's most Helpful Bank a review of our Marketing structure is ongoing. As result of that review, both Charlie Smith and Richard Blyth left RBS in February to pursue other opportunities.'The restructure has been overseen by RBS managing director, products and marketing, UK Retail, Les Matheson.
RBS will be keen to assert some stability in its marketing team, following the protracted departure of former lead marketer Page and director of customer strategy and marketing planning Richard Cole, who departed for bookmaker Ladbrokes in August.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Video Advertising Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Sports Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Graphic Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film