Magnum increases ties with Rainforest Alliance ethical cocoa scheme
Magnum is set to become the first ice-cream brand to source 100% of its global cocoa supply from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms by 2015.
The partnership with the Rainforest Alliance started last year when the Unilever brand used certified cocoa for its Magnum Ghana and Magnum Ecuador products.
The move means that all Magnum products will carry the Rainforest Alliance logo.
To reach the 2015 goal, the aim is for 60% of the cocoa that Magnum uses across its ice cream portfolio to come from sustainable sources by the end of 2012.
By 2015, the brand will be helping approximately 40,000 farmers and their families.
Mick Van Ettinger, Magnum senior vice president, said: "For us, this is as much about making a difference at origin by helping farmers and improving their livelihood and environment, as it is delivering pleasure.
"And through this collaboration, we want to engage a new audience of pleasure seekers worldwide."
Edward Millard, director of sustainable landscapes at the Rainforest Alliance, said: "With consumer demand for ethically-sourced products increasing all the time and the green frog seal gaining relevance and influence among consumers, we are delighted to extend our collaboration with one of the world’s leading ice cream brands."
Magnum is using its Facebook page to promote the tie-up.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart