Magnum increases ties with Rainforest Alliance ethical cocoa scheme
Magnum is set to become the first ice-cream brand to source 100% of its global cocoa supply from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms by 2015.
The partnership with the Rainforest Alliance started last year when the Unilever brand used certified cocoa for its Magnum Ghana and Magnum Ecuador products.
The move means that all Magnum products will carry the Rainforest Alliance logo.
To reach the 2015 goal, the aim is for 60% of the cocoa that Magnum uses across its ice cream portfolio to come from sustainable sources by the end of 2012.
By 2015, the brand will be helping approximately 40,000 farmers and their families.
Mick Van Ettinger, Magnum senior vice president, said: "For us, this is as much about making a difference at origin by helping farmers and improving their livelihood and environment, as it is delivering pleasure.
"And through this collaboration, we want to engage a new audience of pleasure seekers worldwide."
Edward Millard, director of sustainable landscapes at the Rainforest Alliance, said: "With consumer demand for ethically-sourced products increasing all the time and the green frog seal gaining relevance and influence among consumers, we are delighted to extend our collaboration with one of the world’s leading ice cream brands."
Magnum is using its Facebook page to promote the tie-up.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior CRM Executive Online Resourcing Up to £34,000, Euston, London
- Marketing Executive Online Resourcing Up to £28,000, Euston, London
- Corporate Affairs Manager Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Global Content Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Full Service Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25,000 to £30,000, Manchester
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list