VIDEO: Thomson and First Choice must 'stand for something', says TUI's Ellis
TUI marketing director, Jeremy Ellis, says the biggest challenge facing him is making the Thomson and First Choice brands stand for something clear and distinct in consumers' minds.
After a year in which ash clouds and financial instability rocked the travel industry, Ellis said adverts from Thomson, distancing itself from the troubled Thomas Cook, were released to "reassure customers Thomson was in great financial shape".
"In a marketplace where you've got two brands with similar names there's always some confusion," he added. "There are other brands that have confusion between them".
"We wanted to reassure our customers that whatever they were seeing in the news was nothing to do with us".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure