VIDEO: Thomson and First Choice must 'stand for something', says TUI's Ellis
TUI marketing director, Jeremy Ellis, says the biggest challenge facing him is making the Thomson and First Choice brands stand for something clear and distinct in consumers' minds.
After a year in which ash clouds and financial instability rocked the travel industry, Ellis said adverts from Thomson, distancing itself from the troubled Thomas Cook, were released to "reassure customers Thomson was in great financial shape".
"In a marketplace where you've got two brands with similar names there's always some confusion," he added. "There are other brands that have confusion between them".
"We wanted to reassure our customers that whatever they were seeing in the news was nothing to do with us".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated marketing and Internal Comms Stonor £45,000 - £65,000 Dependent on Experience , Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Hampshire
- Marketing Assistant, Finacial Services,London,£26k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager - Creative Design Stonor £30,000 - £35,000 plus Commission OTE £60,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Gemini Search £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)