VIDEO: Thomson and First Choice must 'stand for something', says TUI's Ellis
TUI marketing director, Jeremy Ellis, says the biggest challenge facing him is making the Thomson and First Choice brands stand for something clear and distinct in consumers' minds.
After a year in which ash clouds and financial instability rocked the travel industry, Ellis said adverts from Thomson, distancing itself from the troubled Thomas Cook, were released to "reassure customers Thomson was in great financial shape".
"In a marketplace where you've got two brands with similar names there's always some confusion," he added. "There are other brands that have confusion between them".
"We wanted to reassure our customers that whatever they were seeing in the news was nothing to do with us".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Content Manager Major Players £320 - £350 per day, London
- Research Director (Pharma & Healthcare) Trace £80000 - £110000 Per Annum + potential Equity, London
- Senior Client Strategist PFJ £45000 - £50000 per annum + + 15% bonus, London
- Category Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London