Omnicom helps Citroën launch online films for DS5
Citroën, the French car marque, has launched six online films starring the winners of a competition to be among the first people to drive the new Citroën DS5.
The films, which were made by Omnicom Media Group's content agency Drum, follow the five winners when they were taken to St Tropez for a weekend, to drive the car and include their reviews of its design and features.
The winners were chosen from the hundreds of people who responded when Citroën UK asked its Facebook community to say why they should be one of the first people to drive the Citroën DS5.
The films will be seeded online via Citroën UK's owned and earned properties, as well as through paid-for channels such as YouTube from today (22 February). A special two-minute version will be shown in selected national art house cinemas.
This marks the first time that Citroën UK has used social engagement to generate digital content.
Melina Kacherou-Carage, head of digital at Citroën UK, said: "The success of DS4 Seekers in 2011 has set the benchmark, so we hope DS5 Star Experience will also produce fantastic results."
The campaign was conceived by Citroën UK’s media agency OMD UK. Associate director Richard Evans, said: "We've been tasked with achieving 500,000 views, but we're hoping the campaign will really bring to life the New Citroën DS5 and lay the foundations for the future."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014