Aegis to pay up to £228m to bulk up Isobar North America
Aegis has agreed to pay £79m upfront and a performance-related total sum of up to £228m to acquire 250-strong US digital agency Roundarch, which it will add to its Isobar network.
Having agreed to a five year earn-out, Aegis expects to pay around $250m (£159m) over the period to 2017 but said if the agency "significantly outperforms" expectations it could pay up to a maximum cap of $360m (£228m). All payments will be in cash.
Roundarch specialises in designing and building digital solutions for clients such as Avis, HBO, Bloomberg Sports, Motorola and the US Air Force. It has offices in Chicago, Denver, Boston and New York and employs 250 staff.
The deal follows Aegis' capture of the General Motors business in the US as part of the $3bn global account win in January. It is subject to approval by US regulators.
Aegis plans to combine Roundarch with Isobar North America to form IsobarRoundarch.
Roundarch presidents Jeff Maling and Geoff Cubitt will lead the new agency along with Isobar North America president Darryl Gehly.
Jerry Buhlmann, chief executive of Aegis Group, said: "Combining Roundarch with Isobar places Aegis at the forefront of digital communications in the US, the world's largest advertising market.
"Following its integration, we expect the proportion of Aegis Media's total global revenues from digital to increase to 40%."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- GM win is evidence we compete at top level, says Aegis chief
- Aegis profits surge after Synovate disposal
- Aegis to buy Chinese digital agency eLink
- Aegis builds up digital offering in Singapore
- Carat lands $3 billion global GM media
- Aegis to acquire leading Dutch media independent
- Aegis acquires direct agencies to boost Scandinavian offering
- Buhlmann realigns Aegis to play to its strengths
- Aegis 'considering between 50 and 60 acquisitions', says Buhlmann
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.