Tiger beer kicks off global advertising review
Asia Pacific Breweries is reviewing the global advertising arrangements for its Tiger beer brand.
The appointed agency will handle Tiger’s global advertising, and its digital engagement and social media across the UK, the US and Asia.
Representatives from Asia Pacific Breweries, in which Heineken owns a significant stake, have approached a number of agencies about the review for its flagship brand, which is available across 60 countries worldwide. It is understood the review is being handled out of Tiger’s headquarters in Singapore.
In the UK, Tiger has previously worked with CHI & Partners, which created a controversial 2008 campaign that depicted a bottle of Tiger and a "ladyboy" as two of Asia’s most desirable exports. The Advertising Standards Authority subsequently banned the ad.
The integrated agency Exposure has worked on Tiger’s UK digital, promotional and experiential marketing account. The brand does not currently have an agency in the US.
Tiger currently works with Iris, DDB and Y&R on its advertising accounts in Asia.
Iris, which is expected to pitch for the business, handles the integrated account in Singapore, which also includes sponsorship, while Y&R handles the regional ad account across Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Thailand and Cambodia. DDB was recently appointed to handle Tiger’s above-the-line account in
Singapore. It was previously held by Saatchi & Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham