Tiger beer kicks off global advertising review
Asia Pacific Breweries is reviewing the global advertising arrangements for its Tiger beer brand.
The appointed agency will handle Tiger’s global advertising, and its digital engagement and social media across the UK, the US and Asia.
Representatives from Asia Pacific Breweries, in which Heineken owns a significant stake, have approached a number of agencies about the review for its flagship brand, which is available across 60 countries worldwide. It is understood the review is being handled out of Tiger’s headquarters in Singapore.
In the UK, Tiger has previously worked with CHI & Partners, which created a controversial 2008 campaign that depicted a bottle of Tiger and a "ladyboy" as two of Asia’s most desirable exports. The Advertising Standards Authority subsequently banned the ad.
The integrated agency Exposure has worked on Tiger’s UK digital, promotional and experiential marketing account. The brand does not currently have an agency in the US.
Tiger currently works with Iris, DDB and Y&R on its advertising accounts in Asia.
Iris, which is expected to pitch for the business, handles the integrated account in Singapore, which also includes sponsorship, while Y&R handles the regional ad account across Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Thailand and Cambodia. DDB was recently appointed to handle Tiger’s above-the-line account in
Singapore. It was previously held by Saatchi & Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Insight Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff