Tiger beer kicks off global advertising review
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 February 2012 08:00AM
Asia Pacific Breweries is reviewing the global advertising arrangements for its Tiger beer brand.
The appointed agency will handle Tiger’s global advertising, and its digital engagement and social media across the UK, the US and Asia.
Representatives from Asia Pacific Breweries, in which Heineken owns a significant stake, have approached a number of agencies about the review for its flagship brand, which is available across 60 countries worldwide. It is understood the review is being handled out of Tiger’s headquarters in Singapore.
In the UK, Tiger has previously worked with CHI & Partners, which created a controversial 2008 campaign that depicted a bottle of Tiger and a "ladyboy" as two of Asia’s most desirable exports. The Advertising Standards Authority subsequently banned the ad.
The integrated agency Exposure has worked on Tiger’s UK digital, promotional and experiential marketing account. The brand does not currently have an agency in the US.
Tiger currently works with Iris, DDB and Y&R on its advertising accounts in Asia.
Iris, which is expected to pitch for the business, handles the integrated account in Singapore, which also includes sponsorship, while Y&R handles the regional ad account across Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Thailand and Cambodia. DDB was recently appointed to handle Tiger’s above-the-line account in
Singapore. It was previously held by Saatchi & Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Comms Manager - Leading Alcohol Brand at Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Head of Design Network Career Consultants £50000 - £58000 per annum, Manchester
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned