Microloan Foundation brings award-winning campaign to Westfield
The Microloan Foundation brought its digital outdoor campaign, which encourages the public to donate by text to receive personalised messages on digital outdoor screens, to London's Westfield this weekend.
The campaign was created for the charity by DLKW Lowe for Ocean Outdoor's The Art of Outdoor Digital Competition, run in association with Brand Republic.
The foundation, which provides small business loans to women in sub-Saharan Africa, is using the space it was awarded for winning third prize.
The screens showed an incomplete image of a smiling African woman made from one pence pieces. A new batch of coins fall into place on the poster to reveal more of the woman when passersby text a donation to the charity.
Donors can discover where their coins have been placed by visiting the Microloan Foundation's website penniesforlife.org.uk and share the information through Twitter, Facebook or email.
Greg Delaney, chairman of DLKW Lowe said: "The beauty of this idea is not just that it uses innovative digital and mobile technology to allow you to interact with the poster, it harnesses this for a great cause – deepening engagement and strengthening the relationship between donor and recipient."
Tim Bleakley, chief executive of Ocean Outdoor, said: "This is a superb example of unlocking the full potential of digital out of home and for a bloody good cause."
The digital production and technical build was coordinated by outdoor production agency Grand Visual, the 3D motion graphics were produced by Absolute and the website design and build was by United Studios.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Consumer Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £100,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Insight Planner-Interim Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner