Microloan Foundation brings award-winning campaign to Westfield
The Microloan Foundation brought its digital outdoor campaign, which encourages the public to donate by text to receive personalised messages on digital outdoor screens, to London's Westfield this weekend.
The campaign was created for the charity by DLKW Lowe for Ocean Outdoor's The Art of Outdoor Digital Competition, run in association with Brand Republic.
The foundation, which provides small business loans to women in sub-Saharan Africa, is using the space it was awarded for winning third prize.
The screens showed an incomplete image of a smiling African woman made from one pence pieces. A new batch of coins fall into place on the poster to reveal more of the woman when passersby text a donation to the charity.
Donors can discover where their coins have been placed by visiting the Microloan Foundation's website penniesforlife.org.uk and share the information through Twitter, Facebook or email.
Greg Delaney, chairman of DLKW Lowe said: "The beauty of this idea is not just that it uses innovative digital and mobile technology to allow you to interact with the poster, it harnesses this for a great cause – deepening engagement and strengthening the relationship between donor and recipient."
Tim Bleakley, chief executive of Ocean Outdoor, said: "This is a superb example of unlocking the full potential of digital out of home and for a bloody good cause."
The digital production and technical build was coordinated by outdoor production agency Grand Visual, the 3D motion graphics were produced by Absolute and the website design and build was by United Studios.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- UX DESIGNER - (Creative, User Experience, Layout, Branding) Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £35000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Sales Manager- Travel - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum + commission, benefits & shares!, London
- Middleweight Print Designer Major Players £22000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch