Hollywood backs first Breast Cancer Care campaign
Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman and music mogul Simon Cowell have thrown their weight behind Breast Cancer Care's first major advertising campaign.
The 'Support For The Woman Behind the Cancer' campaign will launch across cinemas in March. It is also running on outdoor poster sites and online www.breastcancercare.org.uk/thewoman.
The ad by M&C Saatchi illustrates that behind every breast cancer diagnosis is a real woman with emotional and practical support needs.
The poignant ad directed by Julia Fullerton-Batten features a naked woman decorated in tablets. The tablets fall away one-by-one to reveal the woman behind it.
The creatives were Christopher Ross-Kellam and Morgane Alexandre. The creative director was Mark Goodwin. The production company was The Mill.
Simon Cowell said: "I am always going to lend my support to this cause. The charity does an invaluable job and I hope the new advert raises more awareness."
Nicole Kidman said: "Breast Cancer Care shows that it is possible to feel strong and positive if the right help is available.
"It is this unique charity's combination of support, knowledge and expertise that can make a real difference to someone’s experience of coping with this disease for as long as they may need it. It's so important that everyone knows they are there to help."
Other celebrity backers for the campaign include Fashion expert and TV presenter Gok Wan and singer Geri Halliwell.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Great Integrated Branding Agency! Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- 3D Studio Max Specialist Creative Recruitment £200 - £250 per day, City of London
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire