Hollywood backs first Breast Cancer Care campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 27 February 2012 11:20AM
Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman and music mogul Simon Cowell have thrown their weight behind Breast Cancer Care's first major advertising campaign.
The 'Support For The Woman Behind the Cancer' campaign will launch across cinemas in March. It is also running on outdoor poster sites and online www.breastcancercare.org.uk/thewoman.
The ad by M&C Saatchi illustrates that behind every breast cancer diagnosis is a real woman with emotional and practical support needs.
The poignant ad directed by Julia Fullerton-Batten features a naked woman decorated in tablets. The tablets fall away one-by-one to reveal the woman behind it.
The creatives were Christopher Ross-Kellam and Morgane Alexandre. The creative director was Mark Goodwin. The production company was The Mill.
Simon Cowell said: "I am always going to lend my support to this cause. The charity does an invaluable job and I hope the new advert raises more awareness."
Nicole Kidman said: "Breast Cancer Care shows that it is possible to feel strong and positive if the right help is available.
"It is this unique charity's combination of support, knowledge and expertise that can make a real difference to someone’s experience of coping with this disease for as long as they may need it. It's so important that everyone knows they are there to help."
Other celebrity backers for the campaign include Fashion expert and TV presenter Gok Wan and singer Geri Halliwell.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, Liverpool
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £23000 - £27000 per annum, Liverpool
- Head of Customer Marketing Stopgap £80000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch