Vodafone launches new Eurostar screens
Vodafone UK, the telecoms provider, has become the first advertiser on JCDecaux Airport's new digital outdoor screens at the Eurostar terminal at London St Pancras International.
Four different versions of the ad are running across the 32 40-inch screens in the departures area of the terminal, with the tagline, "There is a better way to build your business. It's called Vodafone One Net".
The campaign was planned and bought by Omnicom media agency OMD and WPP out-of-home agency Kinetic. The creative work is by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe / Y&R.
At RKCR/Y&R the art director was Martin Casson and the copywriter was Martin Davey. Photography was by David Stewart.
A spokeswoman for JCDecaux said the screens were located in prominent locations and were positioned alongside the departures information boards to ensure maximum visibility.
The screens were added to the terminal as part of JCDecaux Airport's new contract to sell advertising at the Eurostar terminal and will be followed by new screens in the arrivals area next week.
Danielle Crook, director of brand marketing for Vodafone UK, said: "Eurostar is a good fit for our latest business campaign, as it reaches businesses in a tightly targeted environment.
"The digital screens allow for multiple creative executions and work well with our playful campaign that highlights the benefits of Vodafone's innovative One Net service to businesses."
According to figures from JCDecaux, 8.8 million passengers travelled on Eurostar in 2011, with a third of them business travellers.
Alan Sullivan, sales director of JCDecaux Airport, said: "As a major international gateway, Eurostar's digital screens offer a powerful communications channel for clients to reach passengers during this key Olympic year and beyond."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Community Manager | £26-30K, depending on experience. Dynamic New Alliances Up to 30K + Benefits, Central London
- Retention Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review