Clarence thinks of home in latest Birds Eye ad
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 February 2012 12:56PM
Birds Eye has continued its run of ads featuring Clarence the polar bear, with a trip down memory lane in the latest instalment created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
Birds Eye first broke the AMV BBDO-created, Willem Dafoe-voiced, freezer bear named Clarence, in May 2010. The bear has since surprised people at home, on holiday or has helped with the cooking.
Now Clarence casts his mind back to when he was a young bear and having tea with his family.
He remembers a bleak time in the North Pole with his mum, replete with blonde wig and apron, who cooked unsavoury dishes for the young bear.
Of course, things are better now.
The brand launched toy versions of Clarence in August last year.
Marketing director: Margaret Jobling
Creative agency: AMV BBDO
Copywriter: Tim Riley
Agency account man: Crispin Butler
TV producer: Paul Goodwin
Media agency: Carat
Production company: Academy
Director: Tony Barry
Post-production company: MPC
Exposure: TV / online
Communications director at AMV BBDO: Vicky Allard
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Manager Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Email Marketing Specialist (6 month contract) Brand Recruitment £30000 - £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- Media Manager - Client Side Contract Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Junior Digital Media Executive Pitch Consultants £16000 - £20000 per annum, Leeds
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £26,000 DOE, Coventry
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building