VIDEO: John Lewis 'in the thick of planning' next ad, says Inglis
John Lewis marketing director Craig Inglis says the brand is 'in the thick of planning' its next advertisement after success with its Christmas campaign.
Inglis said the brand appears to have "struck a chord" with the British public with its ads, but admitted: "It's hard to be absolutely definitive" about where the success came from.
On the Christmas 2011 campaign, Inglis said: "It felt like there was potentially some risk in it...[but] it was incredible in the way it resonated with people."
"It really tapped into the mood right now in terms of what is important in life".
Speaking about challenges to John Lewis, Inglis highlighted the "incredibly volatile" economy as his major cause for concern.
"None of us really know what's going to happen in the next year or two," he added. "Our challenge will be holding on to who we are, sticking to our principles".
Video produced by Sarah Johnson and Ben Hall. Follow the producer team on Twitter @BRProducers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Media Senior Sales Executive Digital Gurus £25000 - £30000 per annum + 40% uncapped commission, City of London
- Marketing Commercial Analyst - Graduate Brand Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Oxford
- Senior Account Manager Digital Gurus £27000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Platform Sales Group Account Director Ultimate Asset £55000 - £60000 per annum + +comm, London