VIDEO: John Lewis 'in the thick of planning' next ad, says Inglis
John Lewis marketing director Craig Inglis says the brand is 'in the thick of planning' its next advertisement after success with its Christmas campaign.
Inglis said the brand appears to have "struck a chord" with the British public with its ads, but admitted: "It's hard to be absolutely definitive" about where the success came from.
On the Christmas 2011 campaign, Inglis said: "It felt like there was potentially some risk in it...[but] it was incredible in the way it resonated with people."
"It really tapped into the mood right now in terms of what is important in life".
Speaking about challenges to John Lewis, Inglis highlighted the "incredibly volatile" economy as his major cause for concern.
"None of us really know what's going to happen in the next year or two," he added. "Our challenge will be holding on to who we are, sticking to our principles".
Video produced by Sarah Johnson and Ben Hall. Follow the producer team on Twitter @BRProducers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline