Jim Hytner takes global helm at Initiative
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 March 2012 08:00AM
Initiative, the Interpublic media network, has appointed Jim Hytner as its worldwide chief executive.
He replaces Richard Beaven, who is leaving the network after four years at the helm.
Hytner moves across from the sister network Universal McCann, where he is the president of the G14 group.
Initiative’s global headquarters will also move from New York to London, where Hytner is based. He will start his new role in mid-March.
Beaven, who joined in 2006 as the chief executive of Initiative North America and was promoted to worldwide chief in 2008, is stepping down to pursue opportunities in documentary photography. He will remain Initiative’s chairman until the end of this year.
Hytner will also oversee Initiative’s North American operations, assuming responsibilities from the current regional president, Tim Spengler, who steps up into the position of global chief executive at IPG’s Magnaglobal.
Hytner will be succeeded by Guy Beach, the global chief operating officer of UM.
Hytner said: "Initiative has developed significantly as a network. I will be looking to build on this, refining Initiative’s positioning and approach in line with what I’ve learned in my years as a client and as an agency executive."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London