OMD takes top spot in media Gunn Report for sixth time
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 March 2012 11:05AM
OMD has topped The Gunn Report For Media, the global survey of media creativity, for the sixth successive time.
However, the WPP network Mindshare continued to close the gap. In the 2011 report, Mindshare was just 15 points shy of OMD's total. Five years ago, it achieved less than half of OMD's total score.
Mindshare is challenging OMD in markets such as India and Latin America, and its Tunisian, Turkish and Malaysian agencies have also been successful at festivals.
OMD, which has finished top in each report since 2004, led the rankings on the back of winning seven Media Lions at Cannes.
The US was again the most-awarded country, with 196 points. Germany leapfrogged the UK to become the second-most-awarded country with 120 points. The UK came third with 99 points.
Coca-Cola was the most creative global media client in 2011, with Volkswagen second and McDonald's third.
Campaigns praised for their creativity and effectiveness included the Homeplus Subway Virtual Store in South Korea for Tesco by Cheil Worldwide and Bing's "decode Jay-Z" by Droga5.
The most-awarded holding group company of the year was Group M, followed by Omnicom Media Group and Publicis Groupe.
The previous Gunn Report For Media, which assigns points for wins at major awards shows, was published two years ago.
GUNN REPORT FOR MEDIA 2011
1 OMD | 176 points
2 Mindshare | 161 points
3 Starcom | 142 points
4 MediaCom | 87 points
5 Ogilvy & Mather | 83 points
Source: The Gunn Report For Media
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Technical Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Pro Rata £25-28k, Bromley
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant