Hall and Wenn named joint heads of investment at MediaCom
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 March 2012 11:15AM
MediaCom has promoted Phil Hall and Kirsti Wenn to joint heads of investment.
The appointments follow the recent elevation of Claudine Collins, the previous investment chief, to managing director.
Hall, formerly the head of TV, and Wenn, previously the managing partner of MediaCom Beyond Advertising, will report to Karen Blackett, the MediaCom chief executive. A new head of TV will be announced shortly.
The creation of joint heads of investment revisits a previous structure at MediaCom, which saw Collins work alongside Steve Bignell. Bignell was subsequently promoted to chief operating officer before leaving the agency to join ITV.
Hall will be responsible for trading and negotiation, while Wenn will head operations for the investment team.
Part of Wenn's role will be to restructure the 110-strong team to "take it into the next era of trading", according to Blackett.
She added: "Obviously, Claudine is a tough act to follow, but I genuinely feel that, in Phil and Kirsti, we have a fantastic leadership team for our investment operations."
Hall started his career in 1995 at the ITV sales house TSMS, and also worked at OMD as a TV buyer before joining MediaCom in 2000.
Wenn was a founding partner of the digital agency Outrider before becoming the head of interactive at BT. She joined MediaCom in 2005 as a director at MediaCom Beyond Advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Staffing Manager - Experiential division - Integrated London agency - £24k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £24k, West London
- Digital Project Director Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Creative Lead Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- F/L M-W Digital Recruitment Consultant (Tech UX and PM) £20-30K Dynamic New Alliances £20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + iphone, laptop, bonus, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity