Hall and Wenn named joint heads of investment at MediaCom
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 March 2012 11:15AM
MediaCom has promoted Phil Hall and Kirsti Wenn to joint heads of investment.
The appointments follow the recent elevation of Claudine Collins, the previous investment chief, to managing director.
Hall, formerly the head of TV, and Wenn, previously the managing partner of MediaCom Beyond Advertising, will report to Karen Blackett, the MediaCom chief executive. A new head of TV will be announced shortly.
The creation of joint heads of investment revisits a previous structure at MediaCom, which saw Collins work alongside Steve Bignell. Bignell was subsequently promoted to chief operating officer before leaving the agency to join ITV.
Hall will be responsible for trading and negotiation, while Wenn will head operations for the investment team.
Part of Wenn's role will be to restructure the 110-strong team to "take it into the next era of trading", according to Blackett.
She added: "Obviously, Claudine is a tough act to follow, but I genuinely feel that, in Phil and Kirsti, we have a fantastic leadership team for our investment operations."
Hall started his career in 1995 at the ITV sales house TSMS, and also worked at OMD as a TV buyer before joining MediaCom in 2000.
Wenn was a founding partner of the digital agency Outrider before becoming the head of interactive at BT. She joined MediaCom in 2005 as a director at MediaCom Beyond Advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media