Aegis to buy Chinese digital agency eLink
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 March 2012 10:54AM
Aegis has agreed to acquire Chinese digital agency Beijing eLink Advertising for an undisclosed sum to expand its digital network Isobar in the region.
The Beijing-based agency was founded in 2007 and specialises in online media buying, online PR, communcations strategy and website design.
Its clients include China Mobile Communications Corporation and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
According to Aegis, eLink's gross assets at the end of last year were £3m. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and expected to close in the second quarter.
The move is part of Aegis’s wider strategy to raise its digital profile and capabilities in faster growing regions, such as China.
Last year, Aegis made more than 10 acquisitions, including MediaVest Manchester, Lithuanian media agency, Creative Media Services UAB, and Canadian social media moderation company, ICUC Moderation Services.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Brand Insight Planner FMCG - 12 month contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£40K-£50K + benefits package, North of London/Hertfordshire