Chicago Town pizza mimics action movies with latest ad
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 March 2012 11:50AM
Chicago Town, the frozen pizza brand owned by Dr Oetker, is today (5 March) launching a campaign declaring itself the "ultimate pizza hit", in a new ad that emulates trailers for blockbuster action films.
The ad uses dramatic music and close-up shots of a pepperoni pizza, flames and an oven, while a deep-voiced actor says: "From a frozen world, where craving reigns supreme, comes a lone hero with a burning desire."
It ends with a woman fly kicking across a kitchen with a pizza cutter in her hand, as the voiceover announces Chicago Town as the "ultimate pizza hit".
The campaign, created by Life, features a TV ad supported by digital and PR activity, alongside on-pack promotions that will run throughout the year.
The ad was directed by Richard Oliver and produced by Sarah Jarvis from The Gate Films production company. Account director Stuart Clarke and creative group head Neil Fleming also worked on the ad, alongside managing director Ian Humphris.
Life created an integrated campaign for the brand in August last year, promoting a loyalty programme for Chicago Town's Deep Dish range.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Royds Raphael £35k-£45k+bonus+benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategist / Insight - Retail & Leisure Royds Raphael c£35k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4