Chicago Town pizza mimics action movies with latest ad
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 March 2012 11:50AM
Chicago Town, the frozen pizza brand owned by Dr Oetker, is today (5 March) launching a campaign declaring itself the "ultimate pizza hit", in a new ad that emulates trailers for blockbuster action films.
The ad uses dramatic music and close-up shots of a pepperoni pizza, flames and an oven, while a deep-voiced actor says: "From a frozen world, where craving reigns supreme, comes a lone hero with a burning desire."
It ends with a woman fly kicking across a kitchen with a pizza cutter in her hand, as the voiceover announces Chicago Town as the "ultimate pizza hit".
The campaign, created by Life, features a TV ad supported by digital and PR activity, alongside on-pack promotions that will run throughout the year.
The ad was directed by Richard Oliver and produced by Sarah Jarvis from The Gate Films production company. Account director Stuart Clarke and creative group head Neil Fleming also worked on the ad, alongside managing director Ian Humphris.
Life created an integrated campaign for the brand in August last year, promoting a loyalty programme for Chicago Town's Deep Dish range.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- account director > GLOBAL DIGITAL SOCIAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- Web Shop Operations Process Lead (eCommerce) - Supermarket Chain Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Digital Account Director - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 + excellent benefits package, London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager - Fast Growing Ladies Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £40,000 + Fantastic benefits!, Central London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push