Chicago Town pizza mimics action movies with latest ad
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 March 2012 11:50AM
Chicago Town, the frozen pizza brand owned by Dr Oetker, is today (5 March) launching a campaign declaring itself the "ultimate pizza hit", in a new ad that emulates trailers for blockbuster action films.
The ad uses dramatic music and close-up shots of a pepperoni pizza, flames and an oven, while a deep-voiced actor says: "From a frozen world, where craving reigns supreme, comes a lone hero with a burning desire."
It ends with a woman fly kicking across a kitchen with a pizza cutter in her hand, as the voiceover announces Chicago Town as the "ultimate pizza hit".
The campaign, created by Life, features a TV ad supported by digital and PR activity, alongside on-pack promotions that will run throughout the year.
The ad was directed by Richard Oliver and produced by Sarah Jarvis from The Gate Films production company. Account director Stuart Clarke and creative group head Neil Fleming also worked on the ad, alongside managing director Ian Humphris.
Life created an integrated campaign for the brand in August last year, promoting a loyalty programme for Chicago Town's Deep Dish range.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show