Chicago Town pizza mimics action movies with latest ad
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 March 2012 11:50AM
Chicago Town, the frozen pizza brand owned by Dr Oetker, is today (5 March) launching a campaign declaring itself the "ultimate pizza hit", in a new ad that emulates trailers for blockbuster action films.
The ad uses dramatic music and close-up shots of a pepperoni pizza, flames and an oven, while a deep-voiced actor says: "From a frozen world, where craving reigns supreme, comes a lone hero with a burning desire."
It ends with a woman fly kicking across a kitchen with a pizza cutter in her hand, as the voiceover announces Chicago Town as the "ultimate pizza hit".
The campaign, created by Life, features a TV ad supported by digital and PR activity, alongside on-pack promotions that will run throughout the year.
The ad was directed by Richard Oliver and produced by Sarah Jarvis from The Gate Films production company. Account director Stuart Clarke and creative group head Neil Fleming also worked on the ad, alongside managing director Ian Humphris.
Life created an integrated campaign for the brand in August last year, promoting a loyalty programme for Chicago Town's Deep Dish range.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire