Holiday Inn promotes Olympic Village association
Holiday Inn is kicking off a £5m campaign to boost awareness of its sponsorship of London 2012.
The chain, part of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), is looking to promote the fact that it will house more than 17,000 athletes in the Olympic Village.
TV, outdoor, radio and digital activity, which breaks on 12 March, will feature a host of Olympic hopefuls using Holiday Inn facilities, including BMX world champion Shanaze Reade, windsurfer Nick Dempsey and Paralympic table tennis champion Will Bayley.
The campaign uses the tagline ‘We’ve been chosen to help run the Athletes’ Village at London 2012… 17,000 athletes. Six weeks. One home.’
Part of IHG’s LOCOG deal was that 65% of the available rooms across its 35 London hotels would be solely for Olympic bookings. IHG said 85% of these have now been filled.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne