Guinness launches St Patrick's Day sheep dog viral
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 March 2012 09:10AM
Guinness is encouraging men to "round up their mates" for St Patrick's Day with an online campaign that features friends herding together like sheep.
The ad by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO pokes fun at men, who they believe are notoriously bad at organising themselves for a night out.
In the full-length video, seven men are herded past obstacles by a sheep dog.
The dog navigates the group past potential obstructions such as a sofa and television, an Indian restaurant and girls on a dance floor, until they reach their final destination – a pub that serves Guinness.
The 30-second trailer directs people to the full-length film on YouTube.
The brand is also attempting to set a Guinness World Record for 'The Friendliest Day of the Year' by encouraging as many people as possible to join a party to celebrate "true Irish friendliness".
The event is being promoted on the Guinness Facebook page.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Dot-Gap £60k , London Central
- Artworker AF Selection £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned