Guinness launches St Patrick's Day sheep dog viral
Guinness is encouraging men to "round up their mates" for St Patrick's Day with an online campaign that features friends herding together like sheep.
The ad by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO pokes fun at men, who they believe are notoriously bad at organising themselves for a night out.
In the full-length video, seven men are herded past obstacles by a sheep dog.
The dog navigates the group past potential obstructions such as a sofa and television, an Indian restaurant and girls on a dance floor, until they reach their final destination – a pub that serves Guinness.
The 30-second trailer directs people to the full-length film on YouTube.
The brand is also attempting to set a Guinness World Record for 'The Friendliest Day of the Year' by encouraging as many people as possible to join a party to celebrate "true Irish friendliness".
The event is being promoted on the Guinness Facebook page.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account