Guinness launches St Patrick's Day sheep dog viral
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 March 2012 09:10AM
Guinness is encouraging men to "round up their mates" for St Patrick's Day with an online campaign that features friends herding together like sheep.
The ad by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO pokes fun at men, who they believe are notoriously bad at organising themselves for a night out.
In the full-length video, seven men are herded past obstacles by a sheep dog.
The dog navigates the group past potential obstructions such as a sofa and television, an Indian restaurant and girls on a dance floor, until they reach their final destination – a pub that serves Guinness.
The 30-second trailer directs people to the full-length film on YouTube.
The brand is also attempting to set a Guinness World Record for 'The Friendliest Day of the Year' by encouraging as many people as possible to join a party to celebrate "true Irish friendliness".
The event is being promoted on the Guinness Facebook page.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- LEAD UI DESIGNER - SOUTH MANCHESTER - £55-60K +BONUS+BENEFITS Salt £55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Cheshire
- CRM & Social Media Manager | £50k | Leisure/Travel Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & bens, Nottinghamshire
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers