Guinness launches St Patrick's Day sheep dog viral
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 March 2012 09:10AM
Guinness is encouraging men to "round up their mates" for St Patrick's Day with an online campaign that features friends herding together like sheep.
The ad by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO pokes fun at men, who they believe are notoriously bad at organising themselves for a night out.
In the full-length video, seven men are herded past obstacles by a sheep dog.
The dog navigates the group past potential obstructions such as a sofa and television, an Indian restaurant and girls on a dance floor, until they reach their final destination – a pub that serves Guinness.
The 30-second trailer directs people to the full-length film on YouTube.
The brand is also attempting to set a Guinness World Record for 'The Friendliest Day of the Year' by encouraging as many people as possible to join a party to celebrate "true Irish friendliness".
The event is being promoted on the Guinness Facebook page.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Group Marketing Manager - Travel/Media - London - £45k Profiles Creative £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Purple Consultancy £100000 per annum, London
- Communications Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Creative Director Premier Media £32000 - £42000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show