Hearst hires Lee Wilkinson as digital product director
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 07 March 2012 10:00AM
Hearst Magazines UK has appointed News International's Lee Wilkinson to the newly created role of product director for its digital division.
Wilkinson starts his new role on 16 April. He will work with Rebecca Miskin, digital strategy director and James Welsh, founder of Hearst-owned entertainment news website Digital Spy, to define and deliver the digital strategy for the business, focusing on digital growth and innovative product development.
Wilkinson will help the Hearst Magazines UK management team to deliver new digital propositions for the company's 21 magazine websites and digital pureplay brands.
Wilkinson joins Hearst Magazines UK from News International where he has held senior product development roles since 2007 and is currently director of product strategy.
He has extensive experience in online and was involved with the launch of a number of web, tablet and smartphone products including the Times and Sunday Times iPad editions, Times Mobile and thetimes.co.uk.
Before joining News International, Wilkinson was head of B2B product development at FT.com.
Miskin said: "Lee's appointment is a pivotal and transformational moment for the Hearst business.
"Hearst UK's digital offering combines curated content, user-generated, tools and transactions and Lee is a product-led, audience focused, commercial individual."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Director of marketing and engagement Mencap Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Business to Business Strategy / Creative Integrated.= Spectrum £30,000 - £40,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Business to Business Strategy / Creative Integrated Spectrum £50,000- £80,000, London (West), London (Greater)